Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Updated Mindmap / Flowchart of Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen


I recently created several educational mindmaps with MindManager (see here and here for examples). As an experiment, this is a mindmap I created of the methodology of Getting Things Done by David Allen. (Click on image to enlarge.) (UPDATE: By popular request, I've also created a printable PDF file. If DavidCo gives me permission, I'll publish the original MindManager file; until then, I'd encourage you to create your own mindmap for personal use.) It's a detailed map, but I found it helpful to have a bird's eye view of the entire system. Please note that these are not my ideas, this mindmap is provided for educational purposes only, and I encourage you to visit Davidco.com and/or buy Getting Things Done. It's worth reading.

12 comments:

Maria the Enthusiastic said...

Man, when I interview in New York City for fellowships, we'll have to meet up to talk GTD and medicine and kidneys and mind/brain dichotomies and HOW TO BE AN EFFICIENT DOCTOR!!!

Larry Boatright said...

Thanks for posting this! Did you post the actual mindmap file of this? I've been looking for something like this and was about to ask my assistant to make it!
lboatright@gmail.com

Blessings!

Joshua Schwimmer, MD, FACP, FASN said...

To make the map easier to read and printable, I've also linked to a PDF version. Hope this helps.

J-Mac said...

Thank you, Joshua. Very nicely done! A copy of the actual *.mmap file would be a bonus, but the PDF version is still a nice copy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ditto!!!

rnl4@cornell.edu

Anonymous said...

You may also want to check out Mindjet's webinar with David Allen on Getting Things Done:

http://www.mindjet.com/us/company/events/davidallen.php

InspiredHeart said...

Thanks.

Are you making this mindmap (the actual MM file) available for download?

Regards,

Jonathan

David Kingham said...

I would also be forever grateful for the actual mindmanger file. Thank you!

DesiParent said...

Would it be possible for you to email me the mmap file?

alexandrjacobi said...

Thank you very much for the mindmap!

As a lawyer I can tell you that you may publish the mindmanager-file as well, even without explicit permission of DavidCo. Your map doesen't contain copyright material from David Allen: It's his ideas, but the form and phrasing is all yours. (Also, for copyright there is no difference between posting content as a pdf file or as editable file.)

Barry Cunningham said...

Excellent work Joshua! I'm currently trying to implement David Allen's awesome system with MindManager and ResultsManager myself and was wondering if I could ask a favor of you. Is it possible to have a copy of your workflow diagram.mmap emailed to me for reference and as a working template for review. Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Barry A. Cunningham
bcunninghamsc@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice mind map! Is i possible to get the actual *.mmmap file? I'm just starting to use this GTD workflow after reading David Allen´s book!

Thanks in advance
/Mathias
tucken@hotmail.com